Application Process and Timetable
The call for applications for the SEED Awards 2015 is due to be opened in February 2015
Please read the eligibility criteria, see what previous winners have achieved, and have a look at some of SEED Research publications on Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators to help you to understand what kind of Award Winners we are looking for.
Since usually a variety of SEED Awards are available please indicate on the application form, for which Award(s) you wish to be considered. Each applicant may apply for a maximum of two Award categories.
Stage 1: Submission of application form
Application forms have to be submitted before the deadline. Late submissions cannot be considered.
There are two ways to apply for a SEED Award:
- Apply online here (preferred method)
- Download the offline application form here
Stage 2: Selection of shortlisted
An internal selection team will process the applications in order to compile a shortlist of the most promising enterprises. The shortlisting process will be through careful consideration of each application against each of the eligibility criteria.
Stage 3: Submission of additional information
Enterprises selected as one of the shortlisted candidates will be contacted by SEED. They will be requested to provide the following additional information in order to help the jury select the Award Winners:
- a business plan - even if it is only a draft;
- a letter from each partner explaining their role and their relationship to the lead organisation;
- 3 references from people in external organisations or roles that are familiar with the enterprise and/or the individuals leading the enterprise
- photographs and any other relevant visual material to help us to picture the enterprise (if available)
Applicants for the SEED Gender Equality Award, will you also need to:
- provide evidence that the enterprise is women-led or women owned, such as a copy of any registration or tax report (further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates)
Stage 4: Selection of Winners
Based on the applications and the additional information, Winners will be selected by an international jury of external experts in sustainable development. SEED will conduct due diligence tests and authenticate the information before the SEED Winners are finally selected.
SEED will notify all applicants of the result. SEED Award Winners will also be announced on the SEED website.
A provisional timetable for the 2015 SEED Awards will be available here early February 2015.