Application Process and Timetable
The call for applications for the SEED Awards 2014 has closed on 8 April 2014
Please read the eligibility criteria, see what previous winners have achieved, and have a look at some of SEED Research publications on Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators to help you to understand what kind of Award Winners we will be looking for in 2014.
Since a variety of SEED Awards are available in 2014 please indicate on the application form, for which Award(s) you wish to be considered. Each applicant may apply for a maximum of two Award categories.
Stage 1: Submission of application form
Application forms have to be submitted before April 8th 2014, 23:59 Central European Time (CET). Late submissions cannot be considered.
There are two ways to apply for a 2014 SEED Award:
- Apply online here (preferred method)
- Download the offline application form here
Stage 2: Selection of shortlisted
An internal selection team will process the applications in order to compile a shortlist of the most promising enterprises. The shortlisting process will be through careful consideration of each application against each of the eligibility criteria.
Stage 3: Submission of additional information
Enterprises selected as one of the shortlisted candidates will be contacted by SEED in May (date subject to changes). They will be requested to provide the following additional information in order to help the jury select the 2014 Award Winners:
- a business plan - even if it is only a draft;
- a letter from each partner explaining their role and their relationship to the lead organisation;
- 3 references from people in external organisations or roles that are familiar with the enterprise and/or the individuals leading the enterprise
- photographs and any other relevant visual material to help us to picture the enterprise (if available)
Applicants for the SEED Gender Equality Award, will you also need to:
- provide evidence that the enterprise is women-led or women owned, such as a copy of any registration or tax report (further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates)
Stage 4: Selection of Winners
Based on the applications and the additional information, Winners will be selected by an international jury of external experts in sustainable development. SEED will conduct due diligence tests and authenticate the information before the SEED Winners for 2014 are finally selected.
SEED will notify all applicants of the result, most likely Mid-July 2014. SEED Award Winners will also be announced on the SEED website.
Click here to see the provisional timetable (dates are subject to change).